Andres Olson Hong, Arhur Melander, Bernadette Helen Reilly, Clara Hong, Emma Oscilla Hong, Esther Clementine Hong, George William Kuper, Gunhild Levorson, Gusta Hong, Gustav Adolph Hong, Ingvald Adolph Storvick, Laura Johnson, Minnie Hong, Ole T Olson, Olga Ellen Hong, Olina Hong, Richard Burton Walters, Summit South Dakota, Tacoma Washington, Thomas Olson, Tomina Helen Hong
A few days ago, I rescued an amazing family photograph from a vintage shop in Fenelon Falls, Ontario, Canada.
The photo was taken by F S Reeve, Millbank, S.D. (South Dakota). Written on back is the following information: “shortly before leaving Summit, S. Dak; Olga Hong, Aug 16 ’69“.
From initial research, I believe this is the family of Andres Olson Hong (1847-1916) and his wife Gunhild Levorson (1858-1942). Andres was born in Norway. His wife, Gunhild, was born in Minnesota.
Info has been found on 9 of their children:
* Gusta (b 1882 Minnesota; d 7 Nov 1966 Tacoma, Washington) who firstly married Thomas T Olson and secondly married Arthur Erick Melander
* Olina ‘Lena’ (b 1885 Minnesota; d 25 Dec 1953 Tacoma, Washington) who married Richard Burton Walters
* Clara (b 1887 Minnesota)
* Emma Oscilla (b 1888 South Dakota; d 16 Apr 1957 Tacoma, Washington) who married Ole T Olson
* Minnie Kristine (b 1892 South Dakota; d 25 Sep 1975 Auburn, Washington) who married Ingvald Adolph Storvick
* Olga Ellen (b 1894 South Dakota, became a nurse; lived in Tacoma, Washington)
* Tomina Helen (b 1897 South Dakota; d 1943)
* Esther Clementine (b 1900 South Dakota; d 17 Jan 1985 Tacoma, Washington) who married George William Kuper
* Gustav Adolph (b 1903 South Dakota, became a master mariner; d Jan 1963 Washington) who married firstly Laura E Johnson and secondly married Bernadette Helen Reilly.
I’d like to return this photo to family members if possible.